On the occasion of 16 day campaign on violence against women, DWRF Nawalparasi and District Advocacy Forum initiated two days empowerment rally/Jagaran Yatra for creating pressure to implement the joint land registration certificate system. This was supported by Bijaya Development Resource Centre,Social Development Forum, Majhi, Musahar and Bhote Welfare Service Committee, and NWRF Secretariat. Similarly through CDO, the demand letter was sent to the Prime Minister. After receiving the demand letter, Chief District Officer, in response, has shown his commitment to send the letter as soon as possible and gave thanks for this initiation and wish for the success.
Key Points Demands Presented to CDO Nawalparasi
- Rights for land should be established as constitutional rights and joint land registration certificate system should be formulated for equal rights of male and female.
- Traditional land system should be replaced by public oriented land act.
- Food, Clothes and Shelter should be established as fundamental rights of the people.
- A system must be ensured at upcoming constitution in which women have equal rights in every sector as man.
- Immediate implementation of social security laws/decisions on behalf of women.
- Tenant rights on land should be secured by ending dual ownership.
- Impunity must be ended in the sector of women violence and women rights should be taken as human rights.
- For reproductive health of women, effective health services should be immediately implemented.